Monday, October 20, 2008

October News

October Dance Dates:
18th and 25th

November Dance Dates:
1st, 8th and 15th

Parents Meeting:
On Saturday, October 25th, there will be a series of Parents meetings. I will meet with each of the classes during regular class times in the buffet room. I will be addressing costumes, recital and fundraisers. Please make every effort to attend.

Clothing Sale:
Our clothing sale has begun! I am very excited about this year's products. Not only is the design beautifully embroidered, but the items are reasonably priced. Please take an order form {or download it here} and look over the items. All orders are due back with payment by Nov. 1st to ensure Christmas delivery. If you would like a name embroidered on any item, please print the name on the bottom of the order form and add $5.00 to your total. Please specify where you would like the name placed. Please place your order form and payment in a sealed envelope and place it in the order box on the bar. We also have some samples to view and a sample sheet with all the items. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Adult Ceili Dance:
Caitlin C. and Kielan O'B. will be starting a Thursday night adult class very soon. More details will follow. They are looking for some participation from all the Moms and Dads. It is a great way to meet some other parents in the school and it's a great work-out!

The Blog:
Now that the colder weather is upon us, please remember to check the blog before leaving your house if the weather is not good. I will post weather related cancellations on the blog usually the night before dance, or first thing in the morning. If you cannot access the blog, please call the ICS in the morning. I am usually there by 9:15. The number is 347-3746.

Judy Schofield Tugend
I'm sure you have all seen the flyer on the bar regarding Judy Schofield Tugend. Judy, her twin sisters, my sister and I were some of the original O'Connor School Irish Stepdancers. Her parents, Ruth and the late Roy were founding members of the Irish Cultural Society, and avid supporters of the dancers. I have known this family for the better part of my life and have always known them to step up and help those in need.

I am asking the dancing families to help Judy and her family now. Judy is a wife and a mother and cannot work due to her condition. I am hoping that every family will donate something to help defray Judy's medical bills. Please place your donation in the envelope on the bar marked "Judy Tugend". I will collect donations this week and next week and then the dancers' fund will match those donations and give it to Judy's family.

Please be as generous as you can. Thank you and God bless you for your generosity.

No comments: